Thursday, April 12, 2012

Samantha at 47 Weeks: Her First Easter

We've had some interesting weather here in Bloomington, changing from cool to warm.  So, last Tuesday after I picked Samantha up, I decided to attempt to put her hair in pigtails.  It is really hard to put rubber bands around the hair of a moving object.  It took me about ten minutes to corral her enough to get them in, and they weren't exactly even, but they turned out pretty cute!

Then, the next day when we were playing upstairs at home, Samantha was showing a lot of interest in our electric piano, so I took off the cover, placed her on the seat, and let her bang around.  She was very interested in it, and then reached for the hymnal, almost like she was trying to choose a song to play.  Who knows, maybe Samantha will play piano like her mommy some day.


Samantha continues to be a good eater.  She generally eats four jars of food a day, plus we give her some finger foods because she loves to feed herself.  One of her favorite foods are bananas.  Sometimes she has a hard time getting the slimy pieces into her mouth, but she sure gobbles them up.
I had the day off of school on Good Friday, so we decided to take a family trip to Louisville.  We went out to eat at our favorite restaurant from Texas, Chuy's, swim in the hotel pool, and visit the zoo.  Samantha loved the pool.  She splashed her hands up and down in the water, even splashing water into her eyes didn't phase her at all.  We figured she'd like it with how much she likes baths at home.  Her bathing suit from Aunt Christy was so cute on her and fit her perfectly.






The Louisville Zoo was pretty.  We had a beautiful day, and because of the nice weather, there were quite a few families visiting the zoo that day.  Samantha definitely noticed the animals and was very intrigued by watching them move around.  She would point at them and say "da" which she has been doing with a lot of objects lately.  I think she really enjoyed her first experience at a zoo.

Our weekend culminated with the celebration of Easter.  Since we have a little girl, we of course had to dress her up in a cute dress for Easter and try to get a family picture.  Ben figured out how to set the timer on our camera, and we got several good family shots of Samantha's first Easter.




To end, I just wanted to share a cute story about Samantha.  When she nurses, especially before bedtime, she will hold onto her little animal blanket, rubbing her fingers on the soft, fleece fabric on one side and the satin fabric on the other.  She also likes to rub the tags between her fingers while we rock back and forth and she drifts off to sleep.  It reminds me of when I was little, and I would do similar things with my favorite stuffed animal, Snoopy, who had a red ribbon tied around his neck.  I would rub the ends of the ribbon between my fingers, just like Samantha is now doing, so much so that the ribbon turned into a tiny strand in some places.  


We. love. our. sweet. Samantha.

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to let you know that I read nearly every post! I just read from my phone a lot of the time and it's not as easy to write and post comments on the tiny screen.
    It's amazing how fast our kiddos grow and I just love seeing Samatha and yall !

    ReplyDelete