Thursday, January 26, 2012

Samantha at 36 Weeks

Have I mentioned how much I love being a mom?  Every day is made so much better when I'm around Samantha.  Any problem or stress from the day completely fades away when I get to pick her up and hold her, see her smiling face and make her laugh.

Samantha continues to eat baby food at lunch and dinner time, which is great.  We have been introducing fruits lately, and she seems to like all of them so far, bananas, pears, and peaches.  She really took to the pears in particular!  Over the weekend we tried several new things with her.  I gave her a sippy cup with some water in it, just to see how she would do.  She didn't quite know what to do with it, but if I would tip it up for her, she would realize there was water in there.


Ben and I went to a parenting seminar at our church over the weekend, which tired Samantha out.  She slept on the way home from church on Saturday and Sunday, falling asleep around 12:30 and sleeping until almost 3:00 in her car seat both days!

She makes some of the greatest faces.  I often wonder what it is that she thinks  when she makes faces like this!

Also on Saturday night we gave Samantha Cheerios for the first time.  She is definitely working on her pincer grasp and is trying to figure out how to get the food out of her fist and into her mouth.  She loved the taste of the Cheerios, and Roscoe had a good time cleaning up the floor under her high chair, making sure to get any that fell down on the floor.

Samantha continues to crawl around like crazy whenever she gets the chance, and she is getting a lot faster at it with a little practice.  It is great to see her being mobile and watch her explore the world around her.  It's interesting to see life from the eyes of a baby and to watch what things they are curious about.



One of the things I love most about Samantha is her enjoyment in the little things of life: Feeling the texture of things with her hands and mouth.  Pulling out her whole box of books from under the coffee table and dumping them on the floor.  Crawling to the doorstops in the hallway and hitting them so that they vibrate and make noise.  Playing peek-a-boo.  Laughing hysterically when tickled.  She is such a joy to have in our life, and our love grows more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment